KPop & Me


I've been a k-pop fan since 2008 and I remember the first song and video I'd seen clearly like it was yesterday. It was a song called "Hug" by TVXQ, this was when the group was still a five member group (now a duo), though the song was released back in January 14, 2004. I happened to come across this song while surfing youtube and fell in love with k-pop instantly (mainly because Kim Jaejoong was so attractive lol). I began looking for more and more videos of TVXQ and found other artist such as Super Junior, Girls' Generation, BoA, Big Bang and more. It was also in this year that I became a HUGE SHINee fan when they made their debut as a rookie group. 




At first, I fell in love with their cute, innocent boy look (now dawning a more mature, manly look *wink wink). And I must say it fits them perfectly. As my love for k-pop grew, my family didn't seem to understand why I love to listen to music in which I didn't understand the language. It didn't matter whether or not I could understand it but how I felt while listening to it. K-pop music has a very happy, upbeat sound that just made you want to get up and dance and feel happy at the same time (well, in my opinion it does).

Now it's not that I listen to k-pop only. I also listen to French pop, American pop & hip hop, etc. I listen to all sorts of music, its just that I enjoy blasting my K-pop music and dancing like a maniac. Haha. 




Sadly I can't attend all those K-pop events & concerts (due to most of them occurring in Asia and I really just can't afford to). But I am happy to say that the first concert I attended was SMTown's World tour back in 2010 & in 2012 I attended another SMTown Concert, so I did get the chance to see SHINee perform. I was so HAPPY!!! I had forced my older sister to attend with me the first time because I didn't want to go alone since I didn't know, and still don't know many, people they like K-pop like I do. By the end of the night my sister started to open up about k-pop. Haha…so it's a plus. I also attended two JYJ concerts ( YAY Jaejoong!!). JYJ is a group with the three members that left the boy group TVXQ. Sad that they disbanded but I still love both. 





Now my mother calls me her asian daughter (occasionally) because I love a lot of Korean/Japanese pop culture. Though I would like to have friends with the same interest in K-pop, Korean/Japanese drama, food, and style as I do. But I love the friends that I do have, though they may annoy me sometimes, I glad I met them. I mean…what friends don't annoy their other friends. Haha. They always know what is hot in the music scene. They just have GREAT music taste. I think you should always give a chance to new sounds. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Brandy Melville Experience

KAWAII School Girl!! (。✿‿✿。)

Beauty tip of the Day!!