That Brandy Melville Experience



So today popular clothing brand, Brandy Melville, were holding open casting calls at their Santa Monica store. I have always loved their casual, cute clothes and I was excited to get the chance to audition to become a their model. Though I highly doubt I'll get picked since they base their look on your typical blue eyes, and blonde hair girls which I'm not. Haha.

No offense to Brandy Melville but I really think they should change their look and go for one with a variety of looks. I know I'm not model material…first of all, I'm way too short but I won't let that stop me from chasing my dreams. So you can imagine how quickly intimidated I was when I walked into the store for the open call. There were tons of girls dressed in Brandy Melville clothing. Tall, skinny, beautiful  and white.  But I managed to gather up all my courage and just GO FOR IT!! 

For my outfit, I decided to wear thrifted clothes. HIgh wait jeans and a black, slightly turtleneck bodysuit with my favorite pair of black boots. 


I really didn't know what to expect at the open call. It was the first time I ever done something like this. It all just felt so surreal. I headed over to the back room where I had to write down my name, Instagram username and phone number on a piece of paper. From there, I went to back alleyway of the store to take a few shots. I am happy because the girl taking the photos really loved my outfit and was taking multiple shots of my bodysuit and boots. Haha. She even took some on her phone. So I guess I did good on my outfit.

My younger sister also came along and took part in the open call. She almost didn't because she was so nervous. It went by so fast that we decided to look around the shops before leaving. Santa Monica is such a beautiful city. From the buildings to the fashion style of the locals. It's my kind a city to live in.  


Today's weather was perfect. Sunny and warm with a cool breeze. Gotta love that California weather!! 

Photo Spam Time!!!



Inside Brandy Melville!! Loving the store's interior and, of course, the CLOTHES!! Please open up a store in the Long Beach area. Santa Monica is quite a distant from where I live.



Vintage sewing machines behind me…


Get SILLY!! Feeling really HAPPY today. Trying something different and stepping out of my comfort zone to chase after my dreams. ^^



Next time I wanna come back here with my friends and eat at this restaurant.



I love brick buildings. Haha. I really would like to live a brick apartment complex in the future. Planning on going to more open castings this year if there are any more. I really want to model, especially, in Japan. I would like to model for popular Japanese clothing brand Liz Liza (リズリサ). I don't wear dolly clothes but I would make an exception for them. Their clothes are really cute!! ^^




Signing off. Hope you enjoy your Sunday!!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KAWAII School Girl!! (。✿‿✿。)

Beauty tip of the Day!!